A Dutch born, Chinese woman living in England…
Hello, my name is Yuen-Ting but people call me Ting/Tingle Bell/Tingster/Ting-a-Ling. I was born in Amersfoort, Netherlands (hence the orange obsession!) and my parents moved to England when I was five years old.
I have had a 12 year hiatus from painting and I have been drawn into the corporate world. While having a clear out of my bedroom recently I found all my art supplies and thought how it would be a shame to let it collect even more dust. My fine art interests lie within watercolours and oil painting. I’ve even introduced a dip pen and ink into my life and it’s opened up new ideas.
With the development of technology I’ve embraced digital media as well. I own a Canon 1100d DSLR with numerous lenses including my beloved Sigma 30mm f/1.4. My father also gave me his old Chinon 35mm camera and I’m still learning how to use this but the results are so lovely.
I also like to document my life or things of interest down in writing, I still keep a journal and used to blog all the time via LiveJournal.com. My journal is amazing, it’s called a Hobonichi Techo and I imported it from Japan. Due to HMRC rules it cost me a total of £50 for this tiny journal (gr!) but the design and quality of paper is amazing.
Some other facts:
- My favourite authors are: Charles Bukowski and Virginia Andrews.
- As I come from a Communications background, I tend to proofread everything I read without realising I’m actually doing it.
- I love my bicycles. I own a Specialized Sirrus 2013 Hybrid and a Cube Acid 2014 MTB.
- I have a background of coordinating and project managing events and conferences. For more information please check out my LinkedIn Page.
- November 2014 – I am moving into a secondment within a Contract Support Officer role. What will this result in? The path towards being a Contract Manager.
I’m still trying to figure out what I want in life but I’m pretty sure I’ll get there.